Our mission is to provide a quality program that will increase cardiovascular conditioning to people with coronary artery disease, educate participants and their families on how to make lifestyle changes that decrease their risks for coronary artery disease, and guide them to reach their optimal physical, psychological, vocational and social health levels.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
There is no cure for coronary artery disease or "heart disease," but it can be controlled through medication, diet, and exercise.
Following a regular exercise program helps to:
- Maintain and reduce weight
- Lower bad cholesterol levels
- Decrease body fat percentage
- Increase overall strength and endurance
- Lower resting heart rate
- Lower resting blood pressure
- Feel better about oneself by improving overall fitness.
Signs and symptoms of angina
Call 911 or contact your doctor if you experience any of the following during exercise or normal activities.
- Chest pain or pressure
- Pain or pressure in the teeth, jaw, arms, neck or shoulders
- Extreme shortness of breath
- Light-headedness or dizziness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Extreme fatigue
Cardiac Rehab Services Cardiac Rehabilitation programs involve four phases. We do Phases II, III and IV at Pioneer Memorial Hospital & Health Services.